Crafting is a great way to relax and have fun. No matter what type of craft activity or DIY project you prefer, the emotional benefits of crafting are immense. But not if your craft room becomes a ‘dumping ground.’ To ensure your crafting experience will be more enjoyable, we suggest keeping craft materials organized by placing items in plastic containers, closet organizers, baskets–whatever works for you.
We know it’s hard getting rid of little scraps of ribbon and random clock parts that you just know you could make into something amazing – someday.
Here are a 8 questions to ask yourself as you begin the task of organizing and/or purging any excess materials:
1. Have I used this in the last six months?
2. Do I have something specific in mind to use it for?
3. Do I enjoy using this type of craft material?
4. Do I have more than I need?
5. How long have I had this?
6. Will I be using/finishing it in the next six months?
7. Do I need someone else’s help or input to finish it?
8. How much time/work is it realistically going to take to finish?
There’s a reason quilters call their fabric a “stash.” Anyone else have a “guilty pleasure” with projects and supplies? How do you deal with it?