Mon 22 Apr 2013
We suggest celebrating Lost Sock Memorial Day (May 9th) by donating your partner-less socks, along with other clean, usable women’s, children’s or men’s clothing and usable household items to Seamless Moves’ 3rd Annual Lost Sock Day Clothing Drive to benefit people of all abilities at Northwest Center. On Lost Sock Day, volunteers will play matchmaker and pair up as many donated socks as possible, so that they may fulfill their calling to warm chilly toes.
As you spring-clean your closets and dresser drawers over the next couple of weeks, keep a bag handy for items you no longer use. Then, take your donation to one of the donation sites listed below by May 7th, or contact Seamless Moves for pickup at 425-746-1334.
- The Stor-House and Wine Storage Bellevue, 1614 118th Ave SE, Bellevue 98005
- WFG National Title Insurance Company, 10800 NE 8th Street, Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98004
- Delaurenti Florist, 15100 SE 38th Street, Bellevue (Eastgate) 98006
- Home Street Bank, 6949 Coal Creek Pkwy SE, Newcastle 98059
- The Stor-House, 2829 NE 3rd Street, Renton 98056
Northwest Center, a 501(c)(3) organization, has provided services to support the rights and independence of people with developmental disabilities for 45 years. From early childhood therapy and education to adult job training and placement, Northwest Center promotes the building of a community where people of all abilities can fully participate.